We know that when you shop with Nortex Mill Factory Shop you trust us to keep your details private without exception, which is why we do everything we can to make your shopping experience safe and secure.
Our commitment to confidentiality is why we’ve brought together some information on our security and privacy policies, including what details we receive when you browse and shop with us, how we may use it, and how we keep it safe and secure.
What will happen when you shop with us?
When you register or place an order with Nortex Mill Factory Shop, we gather a little information about you to help us provide a better service to you now and in future:
- When you order we ask your name, address, email address, delivery address, credit/debit card number, expiry date and security code. Without this information we would be unable to process your order or notify you of our acceptance of your order.
- We keep a record of your orders with us, so that we can deal with any issues with your order.
- We also keep a record of any emails you send us so that we can provide you with an excellent standard of customer care should you need to contact us at any time. We send seasonal e-mails to inform you of our season related products and offers. If you do not wish to hear from us please contact our customer services team at any time. Please be assured we will not share details with any third party for marketing purposes.
The information, which you supply to us, is treated with the highest level of confidentiality. All information such as your name, address, payment details, email address is stored on secure servers. All your personal details are protected to the highest standards and treated as strictly confidential in line with the latest Data Protection and Consumer Legislation.
It is vital that the information you do provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. And that you agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use. If your details are incorrect or change please contact us immediately to notify us of the change.
Signing up for our Newsletter
By consenting to receive marketing communicating by Nortex Mill Factory Shop and its subsidiaries you are agreeing to receive order information & marketing updates via email, postal mail or SMS/MMS messages. Nortex Mill Factory Shop will never share or sell any of your personal data with third parties.
You can opt out of any marketing communication by simply clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any email communication or contact us for help.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small text files of information which are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive.
- To place orders on nortexmill.co.uk, you need to have cookies enabled - see the section on Managing cookies. If you don't want cookies enabled, you can only browse the site. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, look at Managing cookies for help on turning them off or on.
- Cookies do not store any personal details relating to you or your credit cards nor can they find out your email address, access any other files on your hard drive or transmit viruses.
- Cookies are used to make your online shopping experience faster, easier and more efficient so you can move all over our website without losing what's in your basket or having to log in again and again.
- Using cookies also enables us to monitor site usage and customer traffic patterns which helps us develop and improve the design and layout of the website to be more user-friendly for you.
- Cookies can't harm your computer. We also don't store personal information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information to help improve our site and your shopping experience. For example, they help us identify and fix errors, or to determine relevant products to show you when you're browsing.
Our Security Policy
Our site uses high level SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology which is the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. We have a server certificate known as Thawte Security Certificate. We use a secure transaction system from Thawte to encrypt and thus protect your credit card details so it is virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. This is a powerful tool which secures your transaction details with us.
Our customer's security is of highest priority so we have invested in the latest fraud prevention initiative (3D Secure) to give you an increased level of payment card security for complete peace of mind. Find out more about 3D Secure.
Naturally it is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer to enjoy secure shopping online. But if you are still not convinced about the safety of ecommerce, but still wish to shop with Nortex Mill Factory Shop, please contact our helpful Customer Services Team.
At Nortex Mill Factory Shop we are committed to the objectives of the Data Protection Act 1998 declares our intention that all personal information held by the company will be treated in confidence and held and used only in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable legislation.
We keep only the minimum amount of personal information needed to perform our duties; and will hold that information securely, use it only for appropriate purposes and not disclose it without proper authority.
The company will provide any person requesting it in the proper manner a response stating whether or not the company holds personal information about that individual and, if so, the opportunity to see that information and to have it corrected or deleted if appropriate.
To correct any inaccuracies, please write to:
Nortex Mill Factory Shop Ltd
105 Chorley Old Road
You may only request details about yourself and no other person.
What cookies do we use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work, and we do not use these cookies to collect personal information about you. For example, we use user-input cookies for the duration of a session to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages.
We also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your username, language, or the region you are in. This allows us to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. For example, authentication cookies are functional cookies that are used for the duration of a session (or persistent, if you agree to the “remember me” function) to allow users to authenticate themselves on subsequent visits or to gain access to authorised content across pages. The functional cookies we use include:
- User-centric security cookies to detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, like repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content (e.g. image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters).
- Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to identify the same server in the pool in order for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
- User interface customisation persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
Nortex Mill Factory Shop is dedicated to user experience and we use many tools to help us improve our website. To this end, we use performance cookies to collect information about how you use our website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and do not gather any information that can personally identify you. However, because these cookies are not strictly necessary for the use of our website, we require your consent to use them. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies - We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our website and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our website is performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience.
- We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
Targeting cookies are used on our website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalised service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website and we may share this information with third-parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your visits to our website and other sites, they typically cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you. We do not use third-party advertising cookies.
Finally, Social plug-in tracking cookies are used by many social networks that have “social plug-in modules”. We integrate these modules into our platform to provide services than can be considered as “explicitly requested” by our users. Your consent, however, is required because some third-party social plug-in tracking cookies are used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 90 days and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
How to control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser's “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of customised ads by visiting:
To opt-out of Google Analytics:
If you use our website without opting out, it means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of marketing ads to you.